Who Am I?
I am the mother of two beautiful children, a Classical Homeopath and an experienced Doula. I graduated from The Toronto School of Homeopathic Medicine in 2001 and have been working in pregnancy and family related healthcare since 1998.
I am so grateful to have Homeopathy in my life as it has greatly enhanced my work as a Doula, my own health and the health of my family.
My desire to help and heal has taken me down many paths, I have been affiliated with various community services, including working with teens and in post partum care. I went to Tennessee and did an assistant midwifery training course with Ina May Gaskin. I have been a surrogate, giving birth to twins naturally, for someone else. I completed the WHO/Unicef 18 hour lactation consulting course to further my breastfeeding support. I persist to do much continuing education in Homeopathy, learning from some of the top Homeopaths in the world. I have strong convictions in informed choice and work with my patients and clients to empower them with knowledge and self-assurance in their own individual potential. I have done extensive research in infant nutrition, and am dedicated to providing information and help to others in all areas of healthcare.
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy was founded in 1796 by Doctor Samuel Hahnemann. It has since been used to treat all manners of illness. Today Homeopathy has proven itself to be a safe effective and gentle approach to healing; has gained popularity all over the world and is used extensively as the norm throughout Europe and India.
Homeopathy is a complete health care system that helps to restore balance to your life and strength to your immune system, by using remedies to boost your body’s strength and stimulating those healing defenses to bring about cure. It is a gentle fortifying approach to health care.
Homeopathy’s holistic approach to healing is appropriate for everyone, young and old. The focus is on you as an individual, the goal is treating your specific physical and/or emotional symptoms, to give long lasting benefits.
Homeopathic remedies are specially prepared from plant, animal or mineral substances. A Homeopath will match your individual case with the appropriate remedy, and can treat any physical, mental or emotional matter such as…
- Colds and flu
- Women’s Health issues (ie: PMS, pre/post-partum matters, endometriosis, etc)
- Chronic illness
- Concerns experienced survivors of abuse Depression
- Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis
- Auto Immune Disorders
- and much more...
“Homeopathy … cures a larger percentage of cases than any
other method of treatment and is beyond all doubt safer and
more economical, and the most complete medical science”
What is a Doula?
the following description is taken from the DONA website listed above:
The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
A Birth Doula
- Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decision
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
- Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman's memory of the birth experience
- Allows the woman's partner to participate at his/her comfort level
A birth doula certified by DONA International is designated by the initials CD(DONA).